Wednesday, January 8, 2014

FATHER KEEP ME VERY CLOSE TO YOU by Cathy Westmoreland

Once again while grocery shopping I witnessed a distracted, hurried Mom walk away from her shopping cart to grab another item leaving her toddler unattended. I can see the child watching the Mom's every move waiting for her return. Often times the Mom gets into a conversation or gets on the phone and I wonder, "Has she forgotten her little one?"  For some reason, I can never leave the aisle until I see the Mom return to her waiting child. I am always afraid the child will reach for something and maybe fall or climb out and get hurt. So, I act like I am searching for something and stay as near as I can without looking like a weirdo. Driving home it hit me....

I am like that distracted Mom! That child is precious to her as my Lord is precious to me. Every time I sin, I am walking away from Him. In my hurried life, I get distracted with trivial things. I talk more than I serve, I don't spend as much time with Him as I should, and so on and so on.  

I am a sinner saved by grace and so thankful for my Father who loves me. He watches me and every move I make waiting for me to talk to HIM, praise HIM, serve HIM, and draw nearer to HIM! The bond between a mother and child is special but nothing in comparison to the love and bond between GOD and his child. He never takes His eye off me, forgets me or leaves me. As his precious child, I want to stay close to Him. Father, I pray that in every situation I see what you are trying to teach me.

Make me know your ways, Oh Lord; teach me your paths.  Psalm 25:4



No comments:

Post a Comment