I love anything made with pumpkin! Three really good recipes have been published in the past on this blog. You have to check out Individual Pumpkin Pies, Pumpkin Oatmeal, and Pumpkin Bars.
Today, I'm giving you a two-fer. These Harvest Pumpkin Cupcakes make a great dessert in nicely portioned out sizes, I might add. But without the frosting, they make a hearty breakfast muffin as well. See? A two-fer - a delicious dessert cupcake and a breakfast muffin all in one!
Harvest Pumpkin Cupcakes (found on allrecipes)
4 eggs, slightly beaten
3/4 cup Mazola® Vegetable Plus! Oil
2 cups sugar
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup Argo® OR Kingsford's® Corn Starch
4 teaspoons Spice Islands® Pumpkin Pie Spice
2 teaspoons Argo® Baking Powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
3 tablespoons butter OR margarine, softened
1 tablespoon orange juice
2 teaspoons Spice Islands® 100% Pure Bourbon
1 1/2 teaspoons freshly grated orange peel
4 cups powdered sugar
To make cupcakes:
1. Blend the eggs, oil, sugar, and pumpkin in a large mixing bowl; set aside.
2. Stir together dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
3. Add dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture and beat until well blended.
4. POUR into lined muffin tins. Fill about 2/3 full.
5. Bake in preheated 350 degrees oven for 30 minutes or until center springs back when touched.
6. Cool 30 minutes. Spread with frosting, if desired.
To make frosting:
1. Beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy.
2. Add remaining ingredients and beat until smooth.
3. Spread over cooled cupcakes.
photo by angie