Monday, October 28, 2013

WORD FOR THE WEEK

Not to us, O Lord, not to us
but to your name be the glory, 
because of your love and faithfulness.
Psalm 115:1

"When we neglect to boldly credit God as the Source behind our success, we begin, even if inadvertently, to assume the throne that should be His. 

The following are four indicators of self-idolatry.

1. Do I defer credit and recognition to God, or do I reserve it, even secretly, for myself?

2. Do I place more value on my own logic than God's Word?

3. Am I more passionate about pursuing my own comforts than God's mission for my life?

4. Am I tempted to make Christianity convenient by making up my own rules and parameters for relating to God rather than connecting to Him on His terms?"

          ~ taken from Priscilla Shirer's Gideon: Your Weakness. God's Strength, Week 6, Day 4, page 166.




No comments:

Post a Comment