Friday, January 20, 2012

WELCOME BETH ANN LAMPLEY

My name is Beth Ann; I’m 21 on the verge of 22.  I’m currently finishing up my senior year of college at Mississippi College--I’m studying communication and public relations.  I work as an intern in the hood of West Jackson at a special place called Mission First.  The heart and drive of Mission First is to share the love of Jesus Christ by meeting tangible needs of people as an avenue for meeting their paramount spiritual need, a relationship with Christ (missionfirst.org).  I get to work with a team who meets needs and loves people all in the name of Jesus; basically, it’s awesome. 

I’m in a crazy season of life trying to balance school, work, friends, ministry, and trying to figure out what’s next for me.  In three months I’ll leave my home and best friends of the past four years and graduate.  I know the Lord has good plans for me ahead. I’ll work at K-West, a camp I’ve worked at every summer during college and start the Kanakuk Institute in the fall.  The Kanakuk Institute exists to equip men and women with Biblical skills for a lifetime of ministry regardless of occupation.  I’m excited to be challenged in my faith and grow in my walk.
           
There is much change and uncertainty ahead for me, but I know God is faithful and sovereign above all.  I’ll be writing regular articles on this blog geared towards younger girls and college girls, but I hope the words God allows me to say will encourage women of any age.  My heart behind my writing is to communicate Biblical truth, encouragement, and challenge.  I’ll probably write things that aren’t sugary and sweet all the time but share some challenging things the Lord has laid on my heart.  Everything I write, I preach to myself.  I’m a sinner, fallen, and struggling to live (really live) for the Lord in every area of my life everyday.  I’m no one special, I’m just a sinner saved by God’s grace and living to tell others of that grace.  



No comments:

Post a Comment