Thursday, January 26, 2012

TIME FOR WHAT? by Stacy McSpadden

Time to decorate for Christmas...Wait!  Didn't we just do that?

So I know you are all thinking that I have lost my mind, but I said last week that I was going to take you on a Market tour with me. And I know that you are thinking, "What does Christmas have to do with anything?" What you may not know is that January is the prime time for most retailers to do their Christmas shopping for the next season.  Since we didn't have much time over the course of three days and we had a lot of ground to cover, I decided to start with the Christmas shopping.  

As we looked at the selected showrooms, we found that "bling is the thing" for Christmas 2012!  I loved the looks with lots of traditional greens and reds, but everything was mixed with glittery golds and silvers.  Angels and reindeer were everywhere.  They were in trees, on tabletops, and oversized pieces were used on hearths and at the base of Christmas trees.  




                                                                                                              

 Whimsy was still around also. The bright, apple greens and reds were in every showroom.  Lots of fun pillows and soft textiles added a lot of color and texture to upholstered pieces and table tops.  We bought this little pillow again which has been a great seller over the past few years, and I love the simple message.

                                                 

The last hot item that was in every showroom was the painted platter.  We sold these this season and they were hot.  We found all kinds of styles all over the place.  These make great gifts, but I really like the way they look on a stand in the kitchen. Or you can gather a collection to put in your china cabinet for fun and color. They are great because they are really fun and not really expensive.  


I know that if you are like me, you are tired of Christmas, but I wanted to take you on a step by step recap of my Market trip.  I can't wait until next week because textiles are the word!!!  Until then, Merry Christmas in January!

In Him,


Stacy 






Stacy McSpadden
Manager of Interior Design Services
Chestnut Hall Interiors
3075 Forest Hill Irene Road
Germantown, Tennessee 38138
901.753.8515
stacy@chestnuthall.com







No comments:

Post a Comment