Tuesday, January 3, 2012

RAMEN SALAD by Paula Roten


I don't know about your Care Group, but it seems that ours ALWAYS has a salad of some kind.  It goes with any entree, and it stretches to feed a lot of people.  Here is one of our Care Group's favorites.  Maybe you can use it this coming Sunday night, but don't mix it all together until the last minute or it will become soggy.

RAMEN SALAD

Make a lettuce salad with your favorite ingredients in it.  I like shredded iceberg lettuce, carrots, purple cabbage, green onion, and tomatoes.

Use a meat mallet (or hammer or rolling pin) to chop up a package of chicken flavored Ramen noodles.  I do it right in the package but I don't pulverize them into crumbs - just smaller pieces. Remove the seasoning package and save it for using in the dressing.

Sautee the raw Ramen noodles and some sliced almonds in butter until slightly browned. I never have measured this.  About half and half sauteed in 3/4-1 stick of butter.  Drain on paper towels.

Dressing
1/2 cup oil
4 T. white vinegar
2 1/2 T. sugar
seasoning packet from the Ramen Noodles

Whisk together all ingredients for the dressing.  

When I take this somewhere, I make the salad and cover the top of it with wax paper or Saran Wrap.  Then I put the sauteed noodles/almonds on top of that.  I carry the dressing in a jar. Immediately after the blessing and right before serving, I mix it all together.  

Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment