Thursday, June 5, 2014

Meatballs and Meatloaf for the Freezer by Paula Roten

I was recently strolling through Facebook when I saw a post about slow cooker meals to last all summer long. I landed at this link HERE. But as I clicked, I found myself at lifeasamom.com where she had published a meatball/meatloaf recipe that could be frozen for future meals. Who couldn't use an already prepped meal all ready for the oven? I see spaghetti and meatballs, hoagie sandwiches, Italian meatballs over pasta...just change up the sauce and the base, and you have at least 4 different meals. This is in my freezer just waiting for one of those super busy days!

Meatball / Meatloaf Mixture

4 pounds ground beef 
3 cups bread crumbs 
6 eggs, beaten 
1 large onion, chopped 
3 cloves garlic
2 Tablespoons dried parsley 
1 Tablespoon dried basil 
1 teaspoon kosher salt 

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Don’t mix too much, just enough to distribute ingredients throughout mixture. Form into meatballs or divide into four parts and form four meatloaves. These are not very salty meatballs, since you will serve them with sauce or gravy.

For meatballs, bake in 350° oven for 15 minutes or until cooked through for meatballs. Cool, label, and freeze. For meatloaves, wrap, label and freeze. When ready to serve, thaw and bake 45-60 minutes or until cooked through.

No comments:

Post a Comment