Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Mango Walnut Salad by Paula Roten

I love salads with fruit in them. This one is so simple that I didn't even measure the ingredients for my single-serving lunch. I topped mine with white balsamic vinegar, but I'm sure your favorite salad dressing would work as well. 

Mango Walnut Salad  -  serves 4 (from allrecipes.com)
3 small mangoes, peeled and cubed*
6 red lettuce leaves, rinsed, dried, and torn
1/2 cup walnut pieces
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
1/2 green bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
1 carrot, peeled and sliced

In a large bowl, gently toss together the mangoes, lettuce, walnuts, cranberries, red and green peppers, and carrot. Add your favorite vinaigrette or dressing. Serve immediately. 

*Don't know how to cut a mango? Check out this video.



No comments:

Post a Comment