Friday, March 8, 2013

TEACH THEM TO PRAY by Cathy Westmoreland

We teach our young children to dress themselves, to ride a bike, to read and write and to be mannerly. But do we teach them to pray? It is one of the most valuable things parents can teach their children. Prayer habits last a lifetime. Allow them to see you pray. They learn from visual examples. The first people they hear saying heartfelt prayers should be in their homes. I am not very articulate, so my children are used to hearing simple prayers. Many, many times they have heard me as I ask for forgiveness for failing my Heavenly Father. As their parent, they look at you with expectations that you always do what's right. They need to hear you say, "I am sorry, Father, for I have sinned." They learn that there is nothing they can't share with the Lord. (He already knows.) The more you pray, the more they will want to pray.



No comments:

Post a Comment