Friday, August 24, 2012

TEACHABLE MOMENTS PASSED ON AND ON...by Cathy Westmoreland

As a small child, I witnessed my grandfather walk outside each morning before breakfast and look to the heavens, never uttering a word. I thought he must have an imaginary friend because he seemed to gaze and smile as though he was looking at someone. I felt like I was witnessing a very special, private moment. I never asked what he was doing.

Years later as an adult and while staying with my uncle, I noticed every morning he would go outside and do the same thing. Curiosity got the best of me, and I asked him about the morning ritual. He smiled and said, "I am thanking the Lord for the breath he gave me for the new day and asking HIM to show me how to use this precious day!"

What a precious thing his father passed on to him! The breath of life is a gift and should never be taken lightly.

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.  James 1:17


No comments:

Post a Comment