Thursday, April 5, 2012

NEW by Tony Manley

Today is a new calendar and I love turning to a new calendar!  My bulletin board this month says, “Spring brings new choices!”  I love the word new!  Think about all the word “new” means…
          A fresh start
          Never before
          Opportunity
          Unknown

Because I am a morning person, my “heart eyes and ears” are probably most attentive in the morning!  I love the quiet, the slowness, the “before” my day.  I love the thought of what this day holds, and at this time of day I usually look forward to the day – I am fresh and ready! 

A new thing – God wants to do a new thing in me and through me daily.  I was asked a question by the radio speaker this morning, “Do you resist God when He begins a new work in you or your life?” Again, because I love morning talk, I thought, “No, I really do want and welcome a new thing from the Lord.”  But then the Holy Spirit began His gentle probing and kind of asked softly, “Really? Let’s see…how do you respond to ‘new’ requests when they are inconvenient, uncomfortable, not expected?  What about ‘new’ people when you weren’t looking for ‘new’ relationships, when the ones you have are comfortable?  How about ‘new’ surrenders?”  You get the picture! The Holy Spirit is a master definer of out of the box ideas for my life!

I think God wants me to embrace the “new” from Him moment by moment as His good, right, perfect, and just ways are working to make me more into a “new creation” with the “new self” living with a “new heart” and a “new Spirit.”



1 comment:

  1. New "requests" from God...been experiencing a lot of these lately! I have prayed to be more open to the opportunities He gives me everyday, but wasn't expecting there to be so many!!! The need for Jesus in the lives of so many people around us, not just strangers, but our own family...if we just seek it out, the needs can be overwhelming. The question is, can we take the time every morning to be filled with Him so that He gives us the strength and wisdom to be the vessel He uses to meet those needs instead of trying to fix them on our own?

    Love You my Friend!!! Yet again, we're on the same page these days :)

    ReplyDelete