Wednesday, April 4, 2012

DECORATING FOR EASTER by Stacy McSpadden

I know that it seems that we hardly had a winter, but even with this lack of cold weather, it is still hard to believe that Easter is upon us.  I don't know about you, but I have really enjoyed this long Spring and I am especially enjoying seeing everything turn green and blooms on bushes and trees.  Sunday night I was closing my blinds in my kitchen and saw my first Knock Out Rose of the year!


I think that I love this time of year because of all the color and the reminders of how beautiful God made our "ugly" world.  When I see this flower, it makes me wonder how people can't deny God's Creation. All this being said, Easter is in a few short days, and I think we might want to start planning for our family get-togethers!!!

One of my favorite things to do as a child on Easter was to dye the eggs.  It was an event that my mom and I both looked forward to each year.  I really enjoyed creating fun designs with that wax crayon and some dye.  And of course, you can't ever forget that magic last egg that is placed in each color to form the gray egg.  I still enjoy dying eggs, and I have turned my love for these creations into a great medium for decorating my Easter table.  I loved this picture that I found on Martha Stewart's site.  It is so simple that anyone can do it.  Just place your fun eggs in a nice bowl and there you have it....a centerpiece!

                         
For those of you who are handy in the garden, I thought that this was a fun arrangement.  Basically you take a big bag of jellybeans and place them in a wide glass vase.  Then pick some daffodils or buttercups and loosely arrange them in the vase.  Easy, cheap , and most of all, fun!  But don't let the kiddos eat those jellybeans when you are done!

                                                  

This last idea is really fun.  I know when I started working at Chestnut Hall, we did a lot of seasonal decorating and we carried these fun chocolate bunnies.  I purchased a few of them and started using them to decorate my house for Easter.  These have become very hard to find, but the same thing can be done with the real chocolate bunnies.  Just place an arrangement of several size bunnies on a console or sideboard.  Get some of the natural looking basket grass (not that plastic stuff) and take some of your dyed eggs and arrange them in the grass to look like a nest.  Really fun and easy, and you can eat the bunnies if you don't leave them out too long!


Easter is kind of like Christmas.  We can get too involved in the cooking, decorating, Easter Baskets, Easter dresses, etc!  Let us not forget that our Savior gave His life on the Cross so that we could have Eternal Life.  Take this time to show someone the love of Christ and the joy of your salvation.  Happy Easter everyone!

In Him,




Stacy 


Stacy McSpadden
Manager of Interior Design Services
Chestnut Hall Interiors
3075 Forest Hill Irene Road
Germantown, Tennessee 38138
901.753.8515




No comments:

Post a Comment