Thursday, April 26, 2012

MY TRUST IS IN GOD ALONE by Tiffany Epps


Rest in God alone, my soul,
for my hope comes from Him.
He alone is my rock and my salvation,
my stronghold; I will not be shaken.
Psalm 62:5-6

I am comforted and I hope you are too, just from reading this passage of scripture.  The Lord is so good and I am so thankful that in Him we find peace and rest.  You have probably heard the saying, “I may not know what the future holds, but thank God I know Who holds the future!”  That is exactly how I feel right now as I pack my bags and prepare to return to the states with all four of my children to take one of my sweet babies to see several doctors.  He is not really a baby anymore, almost 4 1/2 now.  We have a lot of concerns and questions that need to be answered so please pray with us as we seek the Lord’s will for his little life.  This could most certainly have an affect on our future and we are truly thankful to be at peace knowing that the Lord has it all under control and he will light the path for us as we go.  The Lord has even been so gracious to us that He put it in our pastor’s heart to send his daughter, Stephanie, to help with the children since Aaron my husband is not returning with us.  It is also a great opportunity for her to practice the English she knows and to learn more.  She and her family are a great blessing to our family and we thank God for how He uses them in our lives and the life of our church here in Manaus.

I have written many posts in my head dear friends, that have not made it thus far, but I hope to share more with you in due time.  As I am sure you can imagine things have been quite busy here as we make preparations to leave our daddy, home and city for a month.  Please do pray for Aaron while we are gone and this term of the Amazon RACE project that is in it’s last month of the training as well.  He will stay quite busy taking care of a new missionary couple that arrives the day after we leave and will spend most of the rest of his time out at the training camp.  Please pray for our safe travel, good health and for God to use the doctors to give us direction.

Well, today is April 25, 2012.  As you can see this post was started some two months ago and much has happened since then.  We are home in Manuas again after spending  the month of March in the states seeing doctors and visiting family.  The Lord was very gracious to us  concerning the trip and all that we discovered from the doctors.  Evan is doing well and we received confirmation from the Lord that indeed we are on the right track with Evan’s development.  He is in need of further speech therapy  and English languaage stimulation, but he has made great progress after only talking a little over a year now.  He does need some special help and attention each day and we have speech therapy set to start with a friend over skype.  Evan does have some issues with gluten and milk and we will continue with these restrictions in his diet.  He is somewhat malnourished due to his gluten intollerance not allowing him to absorb all the wonderful nutrients the rest of us so easily take in each day.

Please pray for us as we continue seeking the Lord’s direction for our sweet boy concerning speech therapy,  language stimulation, diet, school needs etc…  I homeschool everyone right now and I am not sure I can continue and give Evan all the needed attention . . .  but God is already giving some direction and I know He will make the way clear if we seek after Him and His will.  I know so many of you wonderful moms that are in simular situations and even more challenging ones and I am encouraged by all that you do and that the Lord is doing through you.  Thank you for being an example for me and so many others.

 In His Hands,




No comments:

Post a Comment