Thursday, October 20, 2011

DISCOVERING YOUR STYLE by Stacy McSpadden

God blessed me with my own home 5 years ago.  I knew that this house was a gift from the Lord, and He has faithfully provided for this home each day.  My desire was that my home be used for His glory, so I have tried to make this house available for opportunities to serve in different areas of ministry.  This should be our first priority when God blesses us.  I certainly don't deserve this house, and there have been times when I have felt that it is going to take a miracle to keep this house.  But He has always proven faithful.  I had the challenge of making my house a home when I moved in, and it was very difficult for me to pinpoint my style.  I had to tell myself that I am the one who lives here and I should make choices for this house that make me comfortable and suit my lifestyle.  Whether I have 20 teenage girls staying here for D-Now weekend...





or I have the opportunity to host a last minute Monday Night Bible Study get-together...




The important thing is that I remember Whose house this really is and Who I want to honor.  God gave me Proverbs 3:5-6 to claim for my home, and I have it painted above the bay window in my kitchen to serve as a reminder of Who is in control!  Over the next few weeks, I will give you some simple steps for discovering your style for your home.  Until then, Happy Designing!

In Him...Stacy




Stacy McSpadden
Manager of Interior Design Services
Chestnut Hall Interiors
3075 Forest Hill Irene Road
Germantown, Tennessee 38138
901.753.8515
stacy@chestnuthall.com

No comments:

Post a Comment