Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Storm Warning - Tony Manley

I admit I enjoy the “hype” of snow storm warnings!  The constant updating of the weather and all the details of temperatures, times, and predictions; the preparation of food; getting the house and laundry clean; and having a good book ready for reading.  All that goes into making it an event versus just weather.  The anticipation of a storm over the last few days put me in prep mode.   All was ready and I felt very virtuous.  (“When it snows, she has no fear for her household…”Prov. 31:21).  In my heart, because I had prepared, I was ready to sit back and “enjoy” the predicted storm!  On the big day, I got up and saw no evidence of what was coming, and I felt a little disappointed at the prospect of “they” missed it again!  Yet in my heart, the Holy Spirit was so kind to talk to me about how I intentionally, physically prepare for predicted storms in my life versus how I spiritually handle the unexpected, ”unpredicted” storms (my attitude, fear factor, dread).  God’s Word is my unshakable, consistent, always true standard for any storm at any time. I know God’s heart for me is to truly be so prepared for the promised and sometimes unpredicted  storms (John 16:33-“In this world you will have trouble”) by hiding His word in my heart, believing Him, clinging to Him, intentionally releasing the storm, and reaping the rest that comes as He overwhelms with His peace that passes all understanding (Isa. 26:3).  OK, I just checked – the clouds are thickening, the temperature and moisture level are right…looks like conditions are right for a “good” storm and I am ready!  (I think!)

No comments:

Post a Comment