Monday, February 14, 2011

"Paths" - Tony Manley

In the last few months, God has been very intentionally teaching me about paths.  The purpose and types of paths – the path of righteousness (Ps. 23), path of Your commands (Ps. 119), path of the upright (Ps. 15), path of life (Pr. 15), path of the righteous (Is. 26), path of peace (Lk. 1), path beyond tracing (Rom.11), path for your feet (Heb. 12), and path of life (Acts 2).  Other scriptures have told me good reasons to stay on God’s paths – protection (Ps. 119:104), direction (Ps. 119: 105), wisdom (Ps. 119:27-28), instruction (Ps. 25:4), provision (Pr. 3:6), consistency (Is. 26:7), and my testimony (2 Cor. 6: 3).  I am sure there are more truths and principles, but God is gracious to only give me “a few” to begin applying!  Paths often have surprises (especially when I am not the path guide!).  I am learning each day’s path is truly individualized for my heart by the only Guide whose ways and heart are pure 100% of the time.  The paths have unexpected moments, circumstances, and people who are lovely, scary, and my personal favorite(?) unexpecteds!!! Yet, how perfect for me that the path of this day is designed, led by, and walked with God Himself.  But one thing I never have to wonder is where the path is going .  I know at the end of my day(s), all God’s paths for me lead to home…a glorious end to my path.  How great is that!

No comments:

Post a Comment