Monday, October 4, 2010

Overwhelmed! - Christie Smith

Christie Smith is a member of our church. She is the mother of five beautiful children.

I woke up at 5am with an overwhelming sense of thankfulness (& I havent had a pain pill since yesterday, so I know its not drug-induced ;). You ever have those days...those moments? Times where everything seems perfect? I remember having those times a lot as a kid. & Ive noticed those times are a lot fewer & far between since I became an "adult". But, is it because my life has become less perfect or is it that my view of life has changed. Without the responsibilities of life, the bills, the chores, the constant questioning of "what am I supposed to be doing with my life?"... without the 'have-to's'... I was able to just live day-by-day, enjoying each day as it came without worrying about tomorrow. I was able to see how God had blessed me, able to truly enjoy my life. So now, with so many more blessings to enjoy, why do those "perfect days" seem to come less often?
I know the answer. I know that its not my life that has changed or become any less perfect. I know that its all in my perspective. I just wish I had better control of that perspective. This is my new mission! Focus more on the perfectness of my life (& yes Mrs. Stephenson, I know that's not an actual word!) Im going to use my own words against myself & stop worrying about the things I can't control. Stop focusing on the things I dont have that I think would make my life better. Thinking back over the last 10 years of my life I can see so much that I've taken for granted, so many opportunities wasted worrying about things that are out of my hands, wishing for things that I thought would make me happier when the truth is God has given me EVERYTHING I need to be truly happy!
I'm sitting here in the early morning hours, overwhelmed at His blessings in my life, holding my 1week old baby girl & wondering what kind of person she will become. Thinking about each one of my kids & amazed at the unique people they are becoming. Thankful for the role God is allowing me to play in their lives, but fully aware that He has more of a role in who they will become than I ever could (thank God for that!)
Today I am thankful for the peace that He has given me and I'm going to try to hang on to this peace with everything I have! Im not going to let the duties of everyday life steal my peace! Because I know if I concentrate on the "what if's" & "have to's" of this life, the list of "what if's" & "have to's" will NEVER end! But, I also know that if I concentrate of everything God has given me, the list of blessings He bestows on me will also NEVER end!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment