Wednesday, September 12, 2012

HOW I GET INSPIRED by Stacy McSpadden

On an almost daily basis, I am asked what my style is or what inspires me concerning interior design. When you work in this field, you are almost burdened by not really finding your true style because you are constantly seeing what's new or what the trends are for the upcoming season. The International Home Furnishings Market takes place twice a year, and after each show, our reps come in showing us the latest fabrics and trends from that Market. It is always an exciting time because you never know when that one fabric is really going to stand out and either be a great seller or simply just one of your favorites. As my taste has changed, I have come to be inspired by different designers. Lately, my appreciation is for the textile and furniture designer, Madeline Weinrib.  

Recently, I saw this ad for Madeline's textiles in a magazine.  


I love everything in this ad. From the variety of patterns, to the chartreuse color theme, to the pop of blue in the floral fabric, everything about this makes me smile. When I saw this ad, I decided to do a little more research about Madeline.  She is the granddaughter of Max Weinrib, who began the famed ABC Carpet and Home in NYC. Textile design is in her blood, and I think she really has the upper hand on the mix of contemporary colors with traditional patterns. 

When you are beginning to put your thoughts together about a re-decorating project, look for something that truly makes you smile. If I were re-decorating a room from scratch right now, this would be my inspiration piece. Here are some more of her designs using different fabrics and carpets.

                                        

                                     

What inspires you in your home? What makes you comfortable and happy?  These are the things to consider when designing your next room. Find an inspiration picture and go for it!

Happy Decorating!

Stacy 


Stacy McSpadden
Manager of Interior Design Services
Chestnut Hall Interiors
3075 Forest Hill Irene Road
Germantown, Tennessee 38138
901.753.8515

stacy@chestnuthall.com





No comments:

Post a Comment