Friday, June 17, 2011

Therefore - Tony Manley

“Therefore, as God’s CHOSEN people, HOLY, and DEARLY LOVED, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.  Bear with one another and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another.  Forgive as the Lord forgave you.  And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.” Col. 3:12-14

“I now pronounce you man and wife.  Let no man put asunder what God has joined together.”

I have just celebrated thirty four years of marriage!  Happy anniversary to me!  I was chosen, perceived holy (?), and dearly loved by my groom.  Recently, I mentally went over the marriage trip I have been on and continue traveling.  Having married in college at the mature age of barely twenty, I had spent a lifetime majoring in self.  So, I was the guru of marital advice and believed I was THE standard for marriage bliss!  How hard could it be…? 

Then three months later, I became a saved church member and life was soon to take a new direction – the Holy Spirit along with God’s word became my new standard, teacher, and desire.  A new heart can revolutionize any circumstance or relationship!  God’s clothing would become and still are my “necessary” garments (every season shouts the “necessary” pieces) – whether armor, daily wear, or even the beautiful linen He provides.  But the list in Colossians 3 is an absolute must to be worn before I ever begin the appointments God has for me that day as a wife or child of His! I have learned that marriage is a revealer of the heart and is a wonderful way to grow in grace!

My desire for my grandchildren or anyone thinking of being a bride is:  spend your life preparing and becoming the best bride to Christ, your Groom, so that if or when you become a “skin” bride, the transition will be a more smooth and enjoyable trip!  The Colossians verses are such a necessity in being a beautiful bride!

No comments:

Post a Comment