Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Recipe of the Week - Sugar Cookies!


We sometimes think of sugar cookies only around Christmas time.  I think this recipe is one of the best I have ever had.

CREAM TOGETHER:
2 sticks butter (softened)
1 cup oil
2 eggs
1 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp flavoring (1/2 tsp vanilla + 1/2 tsp almond extract)


ADD:
4 cups flour (all purpose)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cream of tarter
1/2 tsp salt

Mix all ingredients well------Cool mixture in refrigerator for at least 1 hour. (This can be kept overnight, but cover tightly).  Also freezes well.

Spray cookie sheet lightly or use parchment paper.
Drop in small amounts on cookie sheet.  Bake @350 degrees for 12 min or until edges are lightly brown.
For thin crisp cookies, flatten with fork and bake on "Air Bake" cookie sheet or any cookie sheet.

I really really like the thin crisp cookie, so I actually roll mine into small balls and flatten each one with a small orange juice glass dipped into powdered sugar.  IT WORKS. The reason I do that is I can get the cookies flatter.
This recipe makes a large batch.

No comments:

Post a Comment