Sunday, June 3, 2012

WORD FOR THE WEEK

Be strong and very courageous. 
Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; 
do not turn from it to the right or to the left, 
that you may be successful wherever you go. 
Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; 
meditate on it day and night, 
so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. 
Then you will be prosperous and successful. 
Have I not commanded you? 
Be strong and courageous. 
Do not be terrified; 
do not be discouraged, 
for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. 
Joshua 1:7-9

The commands and promises God gave Joshua apply to us today too.

Command: Obey the law and don't turn from it.
Promise: Success

Command: Meditate on the Word and do what's in it
Promise: Prosperity and Success

Command: Be strong and courageous; do not be terrified or discouraged
Promise: God will be with us wherever we go

That last command is impossible for me to do in my own strength. But when I know God is with me, that He'll never leave me or forsake me, that He is on my side and always for me...I become more courageous and encouraged to do what He's called me to do. 

Be strong this week! Be courageous! Your God is with you! 



No comments:

Post a Comment