Monday, September 8, 2014

Word for the Week


*corrected reference is Psalm 61:2 (KJV)

I don't know about you, but I have some days where I am just plain overwhelmed. Overwhelmed with difficulty, sadness, my own inability, too much to do and not enough time to get it done, others' insensitivity, world problems, and the list goes on. (Please tell me I am not alone.)

On those days, we need to recognize that there is One who wants to carry our burdens, who wants to comfort us, who wants to give us joy in spite of our circumstances. We need to run, not walk to Him.

But we also need to realize that sometimes we may need to lead others to that Rock. Not just those who don't know the Lord, but our fellow sisters and brothers who are just so overwhelmed at the moment with the difficulties of life. They know Truth; they just need someone else to come along beside them to "sister" them and strengthen them in the Lord. 

I've been on both ends of this, recently even - the running to the Rock and the being led by others stronger than I at the time. Will you pray and ask God to draw you to Himself and then to use you to lead others to the Rock today?




No comments:

Post a Comment